User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bcteagirl
    Expired
    Ok, so I lied about the free diamonds

It has been suggested that a new sticky in the freebie forum would be a good idea….I hope this post will be both lighthearted and useful!

This forum really seems to be growing by leaps and bounds since the new format, and this is a wonderful thing! Welcome to all new members, and thank you all *so much* for your wonderful contributions. This forum is a better place for having you here. Thank you so much for all your wonderful posts and freebies!

With this new growth there seems to be some confusion as where to post, and how to search for reposts… this can be frustrating for the person on the other end who has to wade through reposts, and for the person interested specifically in one section who now needs to check various sections.

This forum is made of up many sections which can be found at forum.smartcanucks.ca. For the purposes of posting great finds, the main sections are:

·Canadian Shopping Deals and Flyers- All deals/sales go in here, the more the merrier!

·Freebies and Samples- All freebies and samples are well loved. Please be sure to check that they are entirely free (no cost or shipping charges). If they have even a small charge attached to them, please post in deals.

Calendar- for smaller localized events, please post them on the calendar rather than other sections. thank you!

Internet Freebies- Any freebies that are downloads, recipes, or not something you can put your hands on *must* go in this section. thank you.

·Canadian Coupons- All cents off coupons go in here, even if they mail you free coupons If it is a save.ca coupon, please bump up the main save.ca thread (If you put a new post on it, it bumps it up to the top! This was something I did not know when I first came here). With coupons it seems to be very essential to check that they are valid in Canada before posting them to others… Sadly, many coupons are not.. This could result in dozens of people printing off a coupon that does not work.
    edit: If it is a very old link, you may also want to check that there is still a coupon there.

·Contests- This is my favorite section LOL! (Can you guys tell??). All contests go in here, with the date in the title line, and indicate whether it is daily, one time entry etc in the post somwhere. Especially if you see one for winning a nice Condo in BC… I need that….

·Paid surveys- If you have had a good experience with a survey company, or mystery shopping company, please come here to share it with others! There also seem to be many people here experienced with Canadian survey companies, so it might be a good place to start if you have any questions.

Searching for Reposts: As our online community has grown, it is only natural that more reposts have occurred. We are all enthusiastic about freebies/contests we have found, and want to share them! That is positively wonderful. As an act of courtesy to others, *please* do a quick search for reposts before you post… Reposts, although posted with the most fabulous of intentions, can be frustrating for other users. Because we all find so many wonderful deals each day, your find may have been posted previously, but pushed off the main page by more good deals! There is a search button at the very top...before posting please try one or two quick searches using keywords such as the company name or item, or a snippet of the URL. Please search one word at a time. The search engine does not seem to like small words. Searching using the main search at the top of the forum will also find your freebie if it has already been posted in one of the subsections.

Some things are really great.. if it has been a while since it has been posted, and you think that others might miss it, you can ‘bump’ the thread up to the top again by adding another comment at the bottom. This will put the post back at the top. This is a wonderful way to make sure that the new people to our community will see some of the better deals.

Along the same lines, it seems essential to test links of freebies you find to make sure they are still valid. This will prevent the disappointment and frustration of others.

I hope this post will help ease some of the confusion. I am very happy that I found this community, everyone here is fabulous….Thank you all so much!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Save.ca Coupons
    Last edited by bcteagirl; Tue, Aug 21st, 2007 at 04:37 PM.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thank you bcteagirl
    A post like this, clarifying things was desperately needed and I was too lazy about it. Thanks

and I repeat bcteagirl's main point: please do NOT repost and only post the 100% free stuff (with no shipping fees) in the freebies section.

bcteagirl
    OOOoo.. I can make a thread a sticky! The power!

Prue
    Quote Originally Posted by bcteagirl View Post
    OOOoo.. I can make a thread a sticky! The power!
    Heehee did you forget that you are a moderator already? Lol

Thanks for the wonderful post outlining all the different sections on SC and the great instructions on how to search for reposts! ... and nope we could not tell the contest section is your favorite hahaha (though I shouldn't laugh I love all the great contests you find! Thanks)

Btw no fair I want the diamonds - isn't that false advertising or something
    Last edited by Prue; Sat, Mar 10th, 2007 at 11:35 PM. Reason: I want my diamonds! Lol

bcteagirl
    Thats the anonymity of the internet for ya.. you want free diamonds, you have to find me first!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wooohoo!!!

Prue
    Quote Originally Posted by bcteagirl View Post
    Thats the anonymity of the internet for ya.. you want free diamonds, you have to find me first!
    darn anonymous internet!!!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thanks! Info was really helpfully! Wheres my diamonds!!!!

bcteagirl

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

just one thing to add to what bcteagirl said it also helps if you put the company in your title that way people can search for the company to see if it is a repost

bcteagirl
    Good point!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

thanks i will keep that in mind!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks for the clarity and other recent posts. It will help out a great deal for the new people that post on the forum.
    Nothing lasts forever

Rah_N_Vern
    ~ LIAR!!!

Where's my diamonds????

bcteagirl

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information