User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Expired
    First of all thanks to chococrazy and cyanne for allowing me to use their Frequently Asked Questions and explaining how I can manage this referral chain/train.

Please read the FAQs below before asking questions

I will run this SDM referral train through msn messenger. If you're interested in joining the train please add [email protected] to your msn contacts. I will use this msn for the referral chain only and contact you when the referring starts so that you can join the chain. Please do not use the msn account for chatting with me.

If you do not wish to use your personal msn account then please create a new one just for this purpose. I don't care which msn account you use.

You can only sign up for this SDM event once. If you sign up through the email you got from SDM or any other way then sorry you can't join the referral train.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure you have no commitments for at least half an hour once you start the sign up process through msn. If you have to go somewhere in 5 minutes, need to go to sleep, need to have dinner, or whatever we can always sign up later. We have until March 3rd to do this so there is no rush.

Here is an example of how this process works:
    - I will ask you on msn if you're ready to sign up.
    - If you are (i.e. you have not commitments right now) I will ask you for the email you'd like to have the referral sent to
    - I will then ask the previous person in the chain to send you a referral.
    - then ask you to check your email. The subject of the email is "secretpoints"
    - then ask you to click on "reveal the secret" and sign up
    - Once you've confirmed that you have signed up I will ask the person who referred you to check that you did indeed sign up through his/her referral (this step is to make sure the chain does not get broken)
    - I will then ask you to refer the next person by logging into the secret events website and entering his/her email
    - I will then ask you to wait until that person has signed up

If you do NOT have time for this process then please do not say you are ready to sign-up!!!!

********* Current Train Status

Referring is now LIVE
    Prepare by reading FAQs below, making sure your Shoppers Optimum is ready (read FAQs) and adding
    [email protected] to your msn contacts list

The people on the chain so far:

Chain

chococrazy
    Boo Radley
    draven79
    momof2kids
    mtplace
    prue7979
    jackie
    milyssa
    eastontario
    heather
    spyreguy
    Cindy
    Gloria
    Sonia
    -wes-
    banddshers
    val
    frugiedh
    Brian, Sarah, and family
    bertina
    carla
    stef
    Alla
    Aaron
    Terence
    Bradley
    someguyyyyyy
    Rina
    B-ron
    Manik
    Leslie
    Ivan
    Jamie
    Shannon
    dadof2
    J
    deb
    Eugene
    Big-G
    storeaddict
    Kash
    Eugene's wife
    storeaddict's husband
    Steph
    Megumi
    humbug
    humbug's friend 1
    humbug's friend 2
    humbug's friend 3
    Aitai
    Alison
    Joy (oneofakind)
    Lucy
    Wilson
    Anita
    Daffyd
    Daffyd's friend
    Jen K
    Gwen C (quark)
    Gwen C's Dad
    Ashfaq
    YLSF
    Amber M
    Christina (Christmasspring)
    Alex K.
    sylvie 1
    sylvie 2
    sylvie 3
    Catherine J F
    Tara
    Tara's husband
    Tara's mom
    Jerry C (Carrie)
    ninom
    Greg
    Greg's wife
    Mario R
    Faiza
    Heart Road
    Melly
    Yuval
    Alison
    Iwona
    team.X-SquareD
    team.X-SquareD's mom
    steve2
    RIP 1
    RIP 2
    steve2's inlaw 1
    steve2's inlaw 2
    steph (puppyluve)
    Julie
    Sarah
    workingmom
    squeegy80
    squeegy80 2
    dgr8one
    Fuzzier logic
    Sandra (rdcal angel)
    Sarah fitmom
    shoppingX
    Zackweed
    Timothy (bumbum)
    Greg V
    Bobobee
    Kenneth
    nottoyeur
    BChow
    sam thebat
    Bonnie
    Bonnie's friend 1
    Bonnie's friend 2
    sam thebat 2
    mary
    deb's friend
    aichinliu
    huzq2000
    byrns99
    byrns99's wife
    jinjunq
    jinjunq's wife
    dlee23
    chlorine
    chlorine's friend
    ttper
    Edmund
    MYK
    rockyto999's fiance
    rockyto999
    jlirantzis
    Iwona
    nic.0921
    nic.0921's friend
    skylite
    skylite's mom
    jlirantzis
    Vicky
    sussieqq
    Ken
    Aitai
    Ping ocean_grey
    the_og.1
    elron
    v-dub
    DealsSeeker
    savvy mom 1
    savvy mom 2
    savvy mom 3
    savvy mom 4
    savvy mom 5
    savvy mom's bro
    chupk
    Tamer A
    Jamii
    neumann
    Tony K
    Yvonnne C
    nilnoj
    tootsieroll_83
    tootsieroll_83's bf
    tootsieroll_83's bf's dad
    nikenken
    chris.tan
    chris.tan 2
    chris.tan's mom
    Nails
    rapidfire79's friend 1
    rapidfire79's friend 2
    hwli
    Simon O
    bencyndls
    pascalman
    red flag deals
    sujoy
    sujoy's wife
    omg.dgo
    pakizah
    nchong
    andrew_der
    vince.wong
    sjweyma
    nchong 2
    shinji_eva01
    my_tenderoni
    my_tenderoni's friend
    squeegy
    squeegy's friend
    james_t
    little_vampire
    porphyra
    deimilee
    chocopanda
    leilei
    Candiana's mom
    bluedevilgeek
    Sharon 1
    Sharon 2
    Sharon 3
    Sharon 4
    csheyang
    peter167
    deimilee
    odieariel
    odieariel's husband
    odieariel's friend
    voxtec
    <--- when it is your turn you will get added here

---- waiting ----

please add [email protected] to msn messenger and send me a message to add you here

Chain 2 --- there's a change: I can't afford to give 30 to each, sorry guys... mistakes happen.. i'm sorry
    If however you are a regular member on here please pm me and we can discuss what could be done.
    lalatwk
    Syed
    Jackie's mom
    setell
    joe
    Kash 2

Shoppers Drug Mart (SDM) / Pharmaprix Chain FAQ

Q. What is the chain?

A.The SDM chain is an effort to take full advantage of the referral promotion events put on my Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix (same company). It is being administered by me (Boo Radley) with the help of Cyanne and Chococrazy.

Q. When is the event?

A. The event takes place every 3 months. The next one will take place on March 3rd, 2007, though it has not yet been officially announced. We expect signups to start during the week of the 20th. Answers to frequently asked, or important questions will then be added to this faq.

Q. What is the purpose of the chain?

A. The way this has worked in the past, if you brought your coupon given to you when you registered, and spent $50 on the day of the event, you obtained bonus referral points for everyone you referred to the event and everyone that they referred in turn, all they way down the line (provided they also spent $50--up to a maximum). The details of the next event have not been announced yet, so we can't be sure what, if any, changes have been made.

Q. Does this referral chain/train thing work

A.Yes it does

Q. I'm in! How do I sign up?

A. This time we've decided to move things to an MSN-based signup procedure. Details will be forthcoming, but basically we will give out a contact email and you will sign into MSN and message the user when we say. Signup will continue until everyone is signed up or has left (or the person in charge of signup has to go eat/sleep/shower/etc.). This will not begin, however, until SDM officially launches the promotion.

Q. What can I do now to get ready for the event?

A.
    - Make sure you have an optimum card. We do not provide these. If you don't have one, go to pharmaprix/SDM to get one.

- Make sure your optimum card is activated for online use. Try to check your account balance on the pharmaprix/SDM site to see if you can login. If you can't you're going to have trouble joining the chain. If you can't login, call 1-800-shopper to have them verify your info. Do NOT assume you can login just because you've had your card a long time. There are often errors in their system.

- If you don't have it already, get MSN messenger. There are versions and clones available for all major platforms: windows, windowsXP, mac, and linux. There are even web based systems available for use if you can't install it on your system
    http://webmessenger.msn.com (Run by Microsoft)
    http://www.ebuddy.com
    (thanks bkustra!)

- Read this FAQ.

Q. Does this really benefit everyone? What about the last person on the chain?

A. The higher up the chain you are the more referrals you will get. The last person for example will not have any referrals and will not get any points. Hopefully the chain will be long enough so that most people benefit and then the last person on the chain can get donations from the rest of us.

Q. Will I get my bonus points if I don't spend over $50?

A. NO.

Q. If someone in the chain underneath me doesn't spend over $50, does that mean the chain is broken?

A. NO it is NOT broken. It just means that you won't receive any points for that person, and that person will not receive any bonus points at all.

Q. How many people are in the chain? What's our current status? Can you give me more information?

A. I will post the chain details on this thread as soon as the program starts

Q. Can I add my family when it's my turn?

A. We'd rather have them on the chain than off of it. Having them on the chain benefits them and the people above them, but harms no one. IF you have their information and can be quick about it, yes. But keep it within reason. You can't hold up the chain. We may set a limit of two extra at a time, or cut you off if it takes too long. Just come back a little later to try again. It will be to their benefit to get on the chain. But make sure you can login to each account BEFORE you try to add them.

Q. Wouldn't it be better if we had two lists?

A. NO. With two lists, fewer people can get the max.

Q. Isn't this like a pyramid scheme?

A. More of a trapezoid scheme, really, given the maximums in place. And unlike a pyramid scheme everyone here wins.

Q. What happens if Boo Radley determines that my registration didn't work?

A. Oh no! I'm sorry but there's nothing I can do if your registration fails. I'll have to move on to the next person to preserve the integrity of the chain. I sympathize, but even if you're sure you did everything right, there's nothing I can do about it. There's always next time, or if you can get another card you can use you can try again.

Q. Administering this must be a lot of work. Is there any way I can help?

A. yes it's probably a pain. It's the first time I try it out so hopefully things will run smoothly. You can help me out by being patient and preparing everything before asking me to sign you up.
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, MAC Cosmetics, Microsoft, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

ok dont think we have one of those oh well if you need help setting things up let me know

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

if you ever shop at Shoppers Drug Mart I recommend you get one. I get loads of points every year which translate into $$$ of free shopping

SDM has by far the best rewards system

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

cool dont know how often we actually buy stuff there though probably not often enough to get rewards lol

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well I added you to my msn contacts hope I did it right!...LOL

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm a newbie so I'm a little confused... I have a optimum card with lots of points ... I looked it up online... I've added you to my msn but i'm confused about the $50 and the coupon can anyone help?

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Watkins4LifeCC View Post
    Well I added you to my msn contacts hope I did it right!...LOL
    yup, you did it right

Quote Originally Posted by karma View Post
    I'm a newbie so I'm a little confused... I have a optimum card with lots of points ... I looked it up online... I've added you to my msn but i'm confused about the $50 and the coupon can anyone help?
    every 3 months SDM has an event where if you spend $50 or more you get 20x the optimum points
    e.g. if you spend $50 you get 50 x 10 x 20 = 10,000 points.

During that event, if you refer someone (let's call him John) and he spends $50 or more you will get 1000 points for referring him!

Now let's say John refers Jane and Jane spends $50 or more... you'll get 1000 points as well although you didn't directly refer her!

So what we're trying to do here is have a chain so that each person refers the next person and we get 1000 points for each person below us in the chain who spends $50 or more on the x20 event day

does this make it clearer or am I more confusing now?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Seems March 3rd is a go!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So in order to get the points I have to go to the store on March 3 and spend $50 and then come on here and get in the chain?

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

So in order to get the points I have to go to the store on March 3 and spend $50 and then come on here and get in the chain?
    no, you will be in the chain before March 3rd...
    as soon as Shoppers Drug Mart officially announce the event we will start the referring process

By March 3, you'll have a good idea of how many people you referred and the maximum points you can get

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So when do I have to spend $50?

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

So when do I have to spend $50?
    March 3

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ok just so I have this straight ... I'm in the chain now because I put you on my msn and on March 3 I have to go to the store and spend $50 and then go on MSN and refer someone?

Sorry for asking so many questions just don't want to miss out Thanks

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Ok just so I have this straight ... I'm in the chain now because I put you on my msn and on March 3 I have to go to the store and spend $50 and then go on MSN and refer someone?

Sorry for asking so many questions just don't want to miss out Thanks
    msn is only a way of making the whole process go faster and smoother since it will facilitate reaching people and knowing who is online once the referring starts

So no you're not in the chain yet...

once Shoppers Drug Mart officially announce the event we will use msn to manage the referrals

e.g. I will contact you through msn to speed up the process and ask you to refer someone (let's call them X). Through Shopper's website (i will explain how when the referring starts) you will send a referral message to X. I will then contact X through msn and ask him/her to accept your referral and then contact you back to make sure he/she did indeed accept your referral. At this point you'll be in the chain. Now I will ask X to send a referral to Y and so on and so forth.

This above part will happen before March 3

Now on March 3 you will shop at Shoppers if you wish (otherwise there is no use of joining the chain) and spend $50+.. you will get 20x the points and 1000 points for each person under you in the chain who also spent $50 or more

No problem, please ask as many questions as you want... this will help others understand the process too and will be included in the FAQ later on

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

how do I get on the train? I have added you to my MSN, but what happens now?

Sorry for sounding dumb, maybe I am?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information