User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Expired
    The Smart Canucks Forum Etiquette

SC = SmartCanucks

Golden Rule I - Always be respectful to other users
    Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning and possible panning. You may not keep any other person from using and enjoying the SC Forum.

Figure 1. An abusive member getting panned.

2. Members should post in a way that is consistent with "normal writing." Users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons in a serious thread for instance (but may do so in a fun thread). Users may not post large, small or colored animated text (that is hard to read by people with visual disabilities), etc. Similarly, users should not use excessive capitalization (which denotes shouting and creates readability issues) or punctuation (e.g.! and ?) in topic titles or posts.

3. Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstances. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed.

4. Referral links are permitted in signatures as long as the font size of the referral link is no larger than font size 2 on the vbulletin text editor. Referral links with a larger font will be resized and the user will be warned.

5. Before creating a new topic post, search to see if a similar topic already exists.

6. Avoid double posting and Cross-posting (the act of posting the same message to multiple forums and subtopics).

7. When submitting a complaint or technical inquiry to the administrator, please include as much information as possible. Unclear, dramatic, sarcastic and emotional messages will be ignored.

8. Use descriptive titles when posting a new topic.

- Examples of Bad Titles: "School," "Bad Meeting," "Need Data"
    - Examples of Good Titles: "Request for Info on School Nutrition Policies," "Seeking Advice on Negative Meeting Experience," "Searching for Research on Student Leadership".

9. You may not use multiple usernames on SC. Any user found using multiple usernames will get immediately panned.

10. If you believe someone has violated netiquette, send the board Administrator a message describing the post and reference the post's URL (web address). Try to refrain from lashing back at a poorly behaving member or participating in a verbal post battle; instead, notify the message board's staff of the event.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Being Polite Is Very Easy WandaJean's Avatar
    Trading Score
    31 (97%)

I, WandaJean have read and agree to the above terms, dated this 27th day of October in the year of our lord, 2007.
    WandaJean.
    Thank You SC'rs for all the contests/samples/freebies, etc. that you post.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

All sounds very reasonable and fair to me.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

The personal messages rule has been removed.
    I love personal messages like kducette's surprise for instance and this makes SC special . Just make sure your personal message is not suggestive or hinting to something rude.

Thanks Prue for discussing this with me.

Busy Bee
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sounds A ok to me!

Be a little kinder than necessary,remember everyone is fighting their own battles.

cndlady
    thanks for removing this rule Boo. One of the things that I like most about SC was how we were always allowed to public personal msgs to other members...it was part of what put us heads above the other boards and made us feel more like a family than just a collection of ppl with similar interests.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

sounds good to me boo!

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Baby it's cold outside tinytina's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

ok with me too Boo!

IreneWpg
    Sounds OK to me as well - Thanks Boo!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cndlady View Post
    thanks for removing this rule Boo. One of the things that I like most about SC was how we were always allowed to public personal msgs to other members...it was part of what put us heads above the other boards and made us feel more like a family than just a collection of ppl with similar interests.
    Please bear with Skippy, but what does allowed to public personal msgs to other members mean?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Please bear with Skippy, but what does allowed to public personal msgs to other members mean?
    How I would take that is two ways.

1. If I were to make a post about say... visiting my grandmother (or her grave as the case may be for me). That's a personal subject.

2. If say, you and I were having a conversation of sorts in another thread. Then you made a thread directed at me about the topic were were discussing in the other persons thread. Instead of PM'ing me.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I think she means like when people post about going on trips or when they are having a bad day etc. not too sure though lol

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks Boo!
    <center></center><center></center><center></center><center></center><center></center>http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/FreebieChick
    http://www.winster.com/refer.jsp?uid=n30kdpgphys5r

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've read them and think that they are fair rules.
    Thanks Boo

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

9. You may not use multiple usernames on SC. Any user found using multiple usernames will get immediately panned.
    i think you ment banned unless its some secret way of sc torture i don't know about? lol

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information