User Tag List

Thread: The Rogers FAQ

JennyP
    This thread is currently associated with: Rogers (Plus)

Prue
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=506171

This link (1st in post above) is to Howard Forums which has an excellent FAQ section for Rogers, filled with useful information about cellular phones and the GSM network. The info contained there is beneficial to both existing customers and those who are considering getting a cellular phone or switching to the Rogers network.

A word of caution as well, Howard Forums is a fantastic and very informative cellular site, but it does contain a lot of modding. Should you explore the forum further I would strongly recommend that you do not do any hex modifications or flashing/flexing of your phone unless you are familiar with hex editing. Most hex modifications can result in serious damage to your phone if you don't know what you are doing, and performing them will void your warranty as well.
    Last edited by Prue; Wed, Jun 6th, 2007 at 12:42 PM.

Prue
    Also, Howard Fourms is not exclusive to Rogers. They basically deal in all things cellular! Here are the FAQ links for the other providers:

Bell Mobility:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1108916

Fido:
    http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=264

Telus:
    No FAQ section (that I could find! )?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh and also on Howardforums...u can learn how to add stuff or unlock your cell or do other neat tricks too!

Pretty.In.Punk
    Thanks!

Prue
    Quote Originally Posted by blistex View Post
    Oh and also on Howardforums...u can learn how to add stuff or unlock your cell or do other neat tricks too!

Yes you can but this is what I was referring to in my post. If you attempt to do any of this modding, unlocking your phone, flashing it yourself etc. without proper knowledge you can seriously mess up your phone and because it voids your warranty you will end up needing to buy a new one. If you decide youre going to try some of these things, I strongly advise you do a lot of reading up on how to do it and be very careful you only change the binary values in the hex locations specified for the mod you are attempting. All it takes is one incorrect change of a binary digit in one location and your phone is gone. And I would also recommend that you practice on an old phone that you don't care if it gets ruined!

Thread Information