User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Prue
    Expired
    To register please add [email protected] to your msn messenger contacts and send us a message.

Shoppers Drug Mart (SDM) / Pharmaprix Chain FAQ

Q. Administering this must be a lot of work. Is there any way I can help?

A. Yes it's a lot of work to organize
    You can help out by:
    1) being patient,
    2) reading ALL the instructions including this FAQ and
    3) preparing everything before asking to sign up.

Q. What is the chain?

A.The SDM chain is an effort to take full advantage of the referral promotion events put on my Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix (same company).
    This chain is being administered by Alajen and Boo Radley. Thank you both for your time and effort!

Q. When is the event?

A. The next event is December 1, 2007.

Q. What is the purpose of the chain?

A. When you spend $50 on the day of the event, you will obtain bonus referral points for everyone you referred to the event and everyone that they referred in turn, all the way down the line (provided they also spent $50--up to a maximum).

Q. Does this referral chain/train thing work

A.Yes it does

Q. How many points can I get through a referral chain?

There is a new policy set by Shoppers Drug Mart since March 2007.

Sorry everyone, but there's nothing I can do about this SDM policy:
    Max 20 referrals deep ß reduced from last time
    Max 150 referrals wide
    Max 100,000 Optimum points

Q. I'm in! How do I sign up?

A. We are using a MSN-based signup procedure. Add [email protected] to your MSN list. Then when you see that we are online, message us to let us know you are ready to be added to the chain. Please make sure you have at least half an hour to devote to the process prior to messaging us. This process can be time consuming and so if you do not have the time to devote to completing it, please message us at a time when you do. When it is your turn, you will receive a message informing you it is your turn. Instructions will then be given. Signup will continue until everyone is signed up or has left (or the person in charge of signup has to go eat/sleep/shower/etc.).

Q. What if I don’t have MSN Messenger or can’t install on my computer?

A. There are versions and clones available for all major platforms: windows, windowsXP, mac, and linux. There are even web-based systems available for use if you can't install it on your system
    http://webmessenger.msn.com (Run by Microsoft)
    http://www.ebuddy.com
    (thanks bkustra!)

Q. What can I do now to get ready for the event?

A.
    - Make sure you have an optimum card. We do not provide these.
    - Make sure your optimum card is activated for online use.
    - If you don't have it already, get MSN messenger.
    - Ensure that you have access to the email account on the SDM Optimum Profile!
    - Read this FAQ.

Q. Can I get Shoppers to help set up the chain?

A. NO! A big fat NO! SDM frowns on this sort of thing, even though it meets their rules (e.g. not automated). If you need to call SDM for anything – like Optimum card set-up – do NOT mention you are in a chain.
    WARNING: Do NOT mention the chain if you call SDM – If SDM finds out you are on a chain, they can cancel the Bonus Points for everybody in the group.

Q. Does this really benefit everyone? What about the last person on the chain?

A. The higher up the chain you are the more referrals you will get. The last person for example will not have any referrals and will not get any points. Hopefully the chain will be long enough so that most people benefit and then the last person on the chain can get donations from the rest of us.

Q. Will I get my bonus points if I don't spend over $50?

A. NO.

Q. If someone in the chain underneath me doesn't spend over $50, does that mean the chain is broken?

A. NO it is NOT broken. It just means that you won't receive any points for that person, and that person will not receive any bonus points at all.

Q. Can I add my family when it's my turn?

A. We'd rather have them on the chain than off of it. Having them on the chain benefits them and the people above them, but harms no one. However, such a situation nearly broke the chain so in order to add your family you must meet one of the following two conditions:

1: IF you have their information and can be quick about it, yes you may do it for them. You must be able to access their email account, be available long enough to receive the email, register, forward to the next person and wait until the next person's registration has been confirmed. AND you must inform us prior to beginning your registration that you have others to add to the chain. But keep it within reason. You can't hold up the chain.
    Also, please double check and make sure you can login to each account BEFORE you try to add them if you are selecting method 1. We may set a limit of two extra at a time, depending on the amount of people waiting to register.

2. IF you do not have immediate access to the person's email (email on the SDM profile) and optimum info you cannot register them for the chain. They are however still more than welcome to get on the chain by joining SC and following the regular registration process.
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, MAC Cosmetics, Microsoft, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by Prue; Fri, Nov 23rd, 2007 at 05:22 PM.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Chain is now ONLINE
    Accepting new registrations now

To register please add [email protected] to your msn messenger contacts and message us

Current Chain

alajen
    cdnbabybubba
    Prue
    acl
    oneofakind
    oneofakind +1
    frugiedh
    2girlsmom
    Ping
    rita
    Bonnie (ruby)
    lindsey
    lindsey +1
    amethystkitty
    Webby
    Webby +1
    purityjamjams
    purityjamjams +1
    Jerry C
    Jerry C's wife
    accessmom
    faten
    Ashley
    lost_soul
    Caroline W.
    Princess Caleigh
    Big K
    Jennifer A
    Stef L
    Wes
    Brian C
    Gordon
    Napoleon
    kitkong
    Monique
    Dicky Doo
    Jackie
    Heather
    Tahera
    Tracey M
    Judith B
    Kelly
    Iwona
    Iwona +1
    Steve D
    Micheal T
    Julie T
    Malaika
    kelly m.
    Heather R
    ainemcs
    Sarah R
    Stephanie L
    mdutka
    Last edited by Prue; Fri, Nov 30th, 2007 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Updating chain

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I'm now online

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

still online

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There are a lot of different MSN clones for any system. aMSN, MEEBO, eBuddy, WLM, Pidgin, etc.
    Last edited by Young_Freebie; Fri, Dec 7th, 2007 at 02:16 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last edited by sussie40s; Wed, Nov 28th, 2007 at 12:04 AM.

Prue
    Thank you again Boo and Alajen for volunteering your time to run this chain and trying to help all members of Smart Canucks join so that they can benefit from this event. Given how busy you are with school, work, running this site and your personal lives with your families, I hope you know that most people appreciate your efforts. You both do so much to make SC a great place for people to visit and not once have I ever heard either of you ask for anything in return, in fact Boo are you even on the chain?

rita heyworth
    Thanks Boo and alajen

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks! Words can't express how much I appreciate what you do for us!! Smart Cancuks is my very favourite site!! I have benefited so much from it. Best wishes to you both.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sussie40s View Post
    This Shoppers Chain, is not fair like the previous. 3 days and still at the bottom of the Chain. The previous Chains where mentioned at the beginning of the Freebies section in the top section and on the side where the Coupon Train is Listed.

I have send Boo a message he said not to worry there will be people added. I am worried been 3 days and no one underneath me. Feel like this chain was just to satisfied the main people, once they got their 20 people, don't bother adding anymore people.

I know it takes a lot of time and effort to maintain the chain, but this chain is not like the other ones. Usually by now their is over 100 people, not just a handful.

PLEASE ADVERTISE MORE AND MAKE IT FAIR TO EVERYONE - THANK YOU

ps hard for people to sign up if the messenger is never on line, know some people have been trying to sign up, but messenger seems to be always down
    I can understand your frustration, but to criticize those that have done all the work to this point is uncalled for. Instead of the criticism, why don't you do your part and tell your friends and relatives to join the chain here at this site and participate. You can be part of the process as well and a a solution to your problem.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sussie40s View Post
    This Shoppers Chain, is not fair like the previous. 3 days and still at the bottom of the Chain. The previous Chains where mentioned at the beginning of the Freebies section in the top section and on the side where the Coupon Train is Listed.

I have send Boo a message he said not to worry there will be people added. I am worried been 3 days and no one underneath me. Feel like this chain was just to satisfied the main people, once they got their 20 people, don't bother adding anymore people.

I know it takes a lot of time and effort to maintain the chain, but this chain is not like the other ones. Usually by now their is over 100 people, not just a handful.

PLEASE ADVERTISE MORE AND MAKE IT FAIR TO EVERYONE - THANK YOU

ps hard for people to sign up if the messenger is never on line, know some people have been trying to sign up, but messenger seems to be always down
    I can understand your frustration, but to criticize those that have done all the work to this point is uncalled for. Instead of the criticism, why don't you do your part and tell your friends and relatives to join the chain here at this site and participate. You can be part of the process as well and a a solution to your problem.
    Last edited by scam-master; Tue, Nov 27th, 2007 at 11:04 PM. Reason: double post

Oh, hello there.
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Is there a specific time it's more likely to be online to sign up, morning, early evening?
    For $10 off for new customers at www.well.ca please use promo code KicklegsSmartestCanucks
    Surveys that pay! https://legerweb.com/RMBY0

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last edited by sussie40s; Thu, Nov 29th, 2007 at 07:31 AM.

persepolis
    We seem to be on different schedules. I am on early mornings and afternoons.

I save up for these 20x the points events and buy months' worth of supplies at a time. Would have been nice to spread the joy to others as well.

Oh well, maybe next time! Thanks, anyway.

bcteagirl
    Quote Originally Posted by scam-master View Post
    VERY well said... and a lot nicer than what I was tempted to say

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information